Tuesday, July 14, 2009 | By: Megan K Leavitt

When upon life's billows...

The other day I was feeling kinda bummed and in a grumpy mood, tired, hungry, whatever. I was working in the Christmas room (so boring) which didn't help anything, and then a little boy got a running start towards a big lazy boy esque chair that is situated in the Gallery (in the store) jumps in and takes the biggest most satisfied sigh ever. To me, this was a little bit of heaven, that little boy was so happy and so cute. After this instead of being grump I thought about everything that was sweet or happy in the past couple days (or in general). It hit me that every one of these were tender mercies. So the result? Another list :) Aren't you excited my dedicated reader? I bet you are.

Tender Mercies:

That particular little boy jumping on the chair and his huge sigh.

Lucas- his smile, his laugh, his tendency to wrap his little arms tightly around you and lay his baby blond beautiful head on your shoulder. Did I mention his cheesy grin?

Logan and his tendency to talk you ear off :)

Jayna and her tendency to be the little princess she is.

Someone who will
1) Provide aloe vera
2) Rub said aloe vera all over your shoulders/back
3) Blow on freshly aloe vera-ed sunburned areas

Those who call after I text "COWS" and "Almost just died" to make sure the three cows in the road hadn't really killed me.

People offering food on a daily basis :)

If you didn't get it the title is from the song "Count Your Many Blessings" When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed, do not be discouraged thinking all is lost. Count your many blessings name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done :)

0 comments: