Thursday, July 30, 2009 | By: Megan K Leavitt

Oh the things you learn...

The past two days have been exceptionally educational for me so I thought I'd write to you my avid reader as to why that is. And yes of course this will be a list.

1. Going to see Harry Potter with my little brother is the only way to go. If only my sister had been there to enjoy it as well. Vanishing Cabinents!!

2. Jiffy Lube sucks. How did I learn this, I will divulge. One- they move in slow motion. Two- they smell (literally, figuratively, all of the above). Three- they will fail you for safety for ANYTHING, and then send you on a wild goose chase for a non existant part that needs to be replaced in your car. Four- the smelly guys will hit on you after saying "Shucks, sorry we didn't pass your car because your battery isn't properly secured. But what are you doing later?" (at that point I proceeded to vomit on said smelly Jiffy Lube working, at least I thought about it).

3. DMV's also usually suck, except for the newest one located in Draper Utah, which no one knows about and therefore it is perpetually empty.

4. No matter what mood I'm in, how I'm feeling, or how long I've been driving, to have any one of my nephews or my niece give me a hug and a smile and tell me they've missed me will inevitably put a ridiculous grin on my face.

5. Also having the youngest nephew attempt to say my name and then laugh histerically at me will lead to more smiling.

6. It's weird to have friends that are getting married, but also really excited. One of my oldest friends is tying the eternal knot in a matter of weeks and I couldn't be happier for her. I knew she wouldn't last long, that miss Ashlynne Haaga is talented and beautiful and I hope she has a lifetime of happiness.

7. It's nice to have a mom that still needs to feel needed, this way whenever you come home she babies you like none other. She idiot proofs the registration of your car, which you still manage to mess up, and she feeds you every chance she gets. Not to mention she pays for everything.

8. Driving for five hours in the wee hours of the morning is not a good idea. There are several reasons for this. The first being you could get in a car accident. The next being you could be completely out of it, not pay attention and end up driving West for 30 minutes when you should be driving North, only to realize after 30 minutes that you don't recognize anything. At this point you have to call your mother to ask her to mapquest where you are so you can get back onto I-15.

I learned a lot in the last two days I guess it was an educational excursion home.

2 comments:

Jed said...

Hahaha! That's from me. Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa. That would be from Mindy. We love you Meg!

Megan K Leavitt said...

Hey, remember how you were the one that told me to go to Jiffy Lube?

"Hey, I have a coupon, you should go!"

Psh...