So, since you recently discovered that I write a blog I decided to write you.
Tonight I went to a performance. This performance was the African Children's Choir. Needless to say I thought of you for the better part of the performance. These kids are with an organization called "Music for Life", with this they are singing to better their African Nations. They travel all over the world dancing and singing to raise money for their fellow students to continue going to school to better their lives. The mission statement of the African Children's Choir is "Helping Africa's most vulnerable children today, so they can help Africa tomorrow". I wished so many times that you could have been there to watch these amazing children showcase their amazing heritage. These kids between the ages of eight to eleven are making an enormous difference in the lives of literally thousands. The reason I thought of you was because you have done the same. It might not have been on such a grand scale, and it may not have been around the world, but you have made a difference- and not in just the lives of those precious vulnerable children.
On a less gushing note, you would have aslo loved the dancing. I remember you talking about the boys that totally kicked your butt at dancing. It reminds me of the Ben Folds song Zak and Sara "Visions of pills that put you in a loving trance that make it possible for all white boys to dance". I'm sorry to say bud, I really don't think that'll ever happen ;) Maybe someday, with lots of practice, or ya know... the Second Coming. At any rate, maybe someday.
In conclusion, you have changed a lot of lives and will continue to do so. You are also an excellent dancer, just not as excellent as eight year old African children :)
With Love,
Megs
P.S. You can consider this your first unofficial letter from me!
Those Who Wander
12 years ago
2 comments:
Well said. Love you bro!
Megs,now that it is 4 years later, I thought I would let you know that I am a pretty good dancer now. I teach classes once a week and I go to different events all over. In 2 months I am going to Seattle. Anyways, dreams to come true if you work hard.
Post a Comment