So I've decided that I write a lot of stuff on my phone. If I need to remember something I'll just write it in a text and save it. Sometime last week I was on my way to the bus stop and I saw three blind students walking together and one had his arm linked with another. I thought that was interesting. A blind man leading another blind man. After this I whipped out my phone, some kind of inspiration had hit.
Before I continue this story I have to say this; I am kind of a word nazi. I enjoy finding just that right word, and I am bugged to the max when the word is on the tip of my tongue and it won't come to me.
So I pull out my phone and start texting out some random thoughts I had. It started out as just a regular type paragraph, but then somehow it mutated into stanzas. I would think that I was done with it, but then I would find something better, so I would re-text it out. I think by the time I was done I had 10 texts in my 'drafts' folder. The end result you ask? A poem. Nothing significant because my name is not Robert Frost, but a poem all the same. I guess a blind man leading a blind man is an inspiring thing to witness.
Here's to you
Here I sit.
There I go.
And I wait
Should I know?
Which way to take
Which path will show?
Because here I sit
And where I go
Won't always be
A path I know.
So to you
Who'll wait for me
Those who'll give
Me room to grow
Here's to you.
Cause there I go.
Those Who Wander
12 years ago
1 comments:
Bravo
Post a Comment