This is a song from the musical Rent, which is not the most wholesome musical, but it has a couple beautiful songs. Seasons of Love is another really good one. Anyway, I've been contemplating this for a few days now and it's only just starting to sink in. I have my fair share of regrets in my eighteen whole years of living, and every regret gives me a twinge of pain to think about. Whether it was a hurtful word, or a hurtful deed, a deed undone, or a word unsaid; to think about it just makes me sad.
Like for instance one time while at girls camp one of my best friends asked if I would pour the water from a jug while she washed her face so her face wash wouldn't get in her eyes and I didn't do it. This was years ago and to this day I feel bad about it every time I think about it.
And that's just one example. I have regretted things as small as a one syllable word, to things as big as a slap to the face; however, tonight it's clicked. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.
So to those I have offended, I apologize. To those I have spoken ill to, I apologize. For anything else stupid or otherwise idiotic that I have done in regards to you, or your property, I apologize.
It is the beginning of a beautiful day, and so I am going to forget regret and miss no more life.
Now it's your turn. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.
Those Who Wander
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment