Into the Night
The saddest sight, it seems to me
Is one that many would call beauty
It starts out slow and unwavering
The colors start to sway and swing
In a few short moments it starts to fall
And then surely it reveals all
The valley below it, the mountains above
A majestic protector, a basin of love
As it dips below the last line
The brightest specter in our time
The human race, it seems to me
Can finally see all that is beauty;
For the saddest thing, for me you see
Isn’t what it seems to be.
The saddest thing for me would be
The setting sun on you and me.
Those Who Wander
12 years ago
2 comments:
Interesting paradox... I like how you leave it open to the larger questions in life. I think this poem is very expressive of what a lot of people feel but can't seem to voice. (You wrote this, right...?)
Yes this one I wrote :)
Post a Comment