Monday, March 30, 2009 | By: Megan K Leavitt

To My Dear and Loving Sister

So this may just be the biggest form of plagiary ever, but it popped into my head and it fit. I love you Minnie.

To My Dear and Loving Sister

If ever two were different, then surely we.
If ever older sister were lov'd by little sister, then thee;
If ever Mindy was happy with Megan,
Compare with me ye another Megan if you can.
I prize thy wardrobe more than whole Mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
The happiness we've shared is such that Rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but watching Gilmore Girls, give recompence.
The smile you give is such I can no way repay,
The heavens reward thee manifold I pray.
Then while we live, in happiness let's so persever,
That when we live no more, we may live ever.

Original Poem
"To My Dear and Loving Husband"
By Anne Bradstreet

0 comments: