Tuesday, April 21, 2009 | By: Megan K Leavitt

You smell like Sunshine

To you, my dear reader this may seem like an odd phrase. Smelling like Sunshine seems an impossibility, but to me it certainly isn't.

My dad says this phrase all too often and I adore hearing it. When I was younger he would pick me up after playing outside all day, give me a hug, inhale deeply, smile hugely and say this quick phrase with all the love of that fatherly voice, "You smell like Sunshine." I've loved hearing this beautiful little phrase continue as my dad picks up his grandchildren and makes the same exclamation "You smell like Sunshine!" and then to hear my niece and nephews run around hugging each other and making this same exclamation "You smell like Sunshine!"

So to you my reader, hopefully today you smell like Sunshine because it is a beautiful day and a beautiful phrase to share with someone special.

1 comments:

Jeff Leavitt said...

Megs I'm so glad that you like that phrase as much as I do...I didn't ever really know how you kids felt about it and I love that you think it's a cute little phrase even those it's a little bit trite! Another one of my favorite phrases is I love you the most and I do!
T-amo
Dad