I had to share this. Mostly because it made me laugh so hard.
The other day I called my mom. We had a pleasant conversation, discussing school, work, and other such things when she asked "Have you talked to Mindy lately? Do you know how she's doing?" I told my mom that I hadn't and then we talked about how we feel like she's fallen off the face of the planet a little bit (don't worry Mindy, I don't think it's necessarily your fault, BYU does that to people ;)).
The next day I talked to Mindy, and proceeded to tell her that our mother had inquired about how she was when I had called. Of course I exaggerated for effect. I said something along the lines of "Yeah, I called mom and she answered and said 'Oh hey Megan... How's Mindy?'" Which wasn't really the case, but made for a good laugh all the same.
So as it turns out, Mindy ended up talking to my mom who then heard about the conversation between Mindy and I and the result? An e-mail titled "Not just Mindy." In which my mom explained that she loved to hear from me, and was simply wondering if I had caught Mindy because she had been unsuccessful in doing so. To this I laughed a lot.
The moral of the story? I love my parents. I like that my parents (especially my mother) loves each one of her children uniquely (despite the rumors that Mindy is the favorite). Anyway, thank you for letting me know that it's not just Mindy, even though we still love Mindy lots :D
Those Who Wander
12 years ago
4 comments:
Hey, don't hate. :D
The only one who actually generates those rumors is Mindy herself. Flawed, perhaps? Yes, since I'm certain I am the favorite child. (Although I will happily allow Mins the credit of having gone to the favored school. It was there that I fell out of favor for a moment...)
Just sayin'. :)
Hey... hey. I know you are the favorite child Lis... I'm just the favorite sibling. Right, guys?
Post a Comment