Tuesday, June 2, 2009 | By: Megan K Leavitt

I forgot the tissues

I did this on purpose.

Sunday was a good day as a whole, one of my best friends gave his mission farewell address (and did a fabulous job by the way). I thought about bringing tissues to this because most inevitably I would probably cry, but I thought I could psych myself out by not having tissues so I wouldn't cry- I also put on more make up than I usually wear in a month as extra incentive not to have mascara running down my face; however, I did cry and I should have just brought the dumb tissues. I made it through his talk, and even the first verse of the closing hymn (which I was particularly proud of because it was "God be with you 'till we meet again," - as a side note, why do they insist on playing that song at farewells? I think choristers are bent on having a blubbering audience). Anyways, it was a beautiful service, but trying to psych myself out, not such a good idea. I should have just brought tissues.

0 comments: