No, I don't mean the band. But the cure to the spontaneous Self-Destruction of my body on itself. It wasn't getting lots of rest, it wasn't trying to convince myself that I wasn't really sick, and it most definitely was not drinking lots of fluids. The cure to my week long personal hell was simple. Going home. Wednesday my concerned mother drove from Salt Lake to Logan to check on her baby. I petitioned for her to come, claiming I wasn't getting better and I needed my mommy. So she came and brought along my little brother. The first thing I did upon seeing my mother was give her a huge hug- hugs make so many things better. Then she asked what I'd like to do first, see a movie, go shopping, go to dinner- any and all of the above. We decided on going shopping. I dunno how I've fed myself for the past six months, my mom bought me fresh fruit and vegetables. For the next several weeks I will eat like a queen... or like a normal person should at least. Then we brought the groceries back to my apartment. I grabbed all my laundry, because I felt as if everything I own was contaminated by the sickness. I got it, stuffed it in the car and we continued home. We didn't make it home before going to dinner (oh having mothers that love you). Anyway, Thursday was the epitome of relaxation. I really didn't think my home in South Jordan would be so missed, but it was just... home. I did all my laundry, helped my sister pack for her trip to Chicago and slept through the night for the first time in a week- not only that but got several extra hours of sleep with naps inbetween changing loads of laundry. I watched movies and hung out in my moms huge comfy bed. After being a slug for several hours I went over to my sisters house. It seems every time I go home I end up babysitting- and I absolutely adore it. These three kids show me that there is heaven on earth. My youngest nephew, Lucas, has just learned to crawl. Jayna the oldest now has homework to do from Pre-School and Logan was acutely aware of his messy curly hair and his new guns. I have to stop myself before I start gushing, but I going home really was the cure. No more being sick for me. Baby Megan needed to be home :)
1 comments:
I loved reading this! Your Mom really is the Best! I'm gald that you feel better.
Post a Comment