Recently I feel like I have been running low on things much faster than I usually would. The first and most expensive being gas. Instead of filling up whenever I go home (which was like once a month), I now find myself purchasing a tank of gas a week. I've also been running low on groceries and find myself at the store at least three times a week. To go along with this I think I'm always starving, but I'm fairly certain I'm gaining weight. Lovely. So I've compiled a list of things I am running low on.
Gas
Food
Patience. I feel bad for 6th hour, because by that point I just want to yell at them. Really it's no their fault at all.
Energy. Along with patience I am lacking energy. 5th hour probably suffers the most from this because it's right after lunch. Those kids get a nearly comatose teacher.
Sleep. Even though I have now started going to be earlier and earlier, I am still perpetually tired. I went to bed around 9:15 last night (Saturday night in case you were wondering) and didn't even feel bad about it; although, I might have felt like a little bit of a loser.
Food goes on here twice
Toothpaste. Maybe I'm brushing my teeth more because I am acutely aware of how often I am speaking to people.
Voice. I'm running low on voice cause talking all the time does that. I don't expect it will last through the rest of the week. Talking non-stop is not my favorite thing to do.
Socks. I don't have enough of the little hide-y socks to wear with dress shoes.
Social life. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have much of this to begin with. I am happy that my roommate is content to watch a movie with me while I grade mounds of papers and she does homework. Thanks Brooke, I'm glad we can be friends when I'm actually awake and we're in the same room.
Emotional capacity. I think this is running low because I am being pulled so many different directions within the day. Each student loves when I stop and give them my undivided attention. However, this becomes and impossibility when you times that by 35 students per class, and four classes a day. By the end of the day I feel stretched thin and emotionally this is a hard thing I think.
I think that's all that I thought of to put on this list. Now to complete my lesson plan for tomorrow. Yes I am only one day ahead of my students. Hopefully they don't realize this...
Those Who Wander
12 years ago
1 comments:
Yeah... thank goodness for weekends, or I would have died by now. If you come home, I'll give you one of my peaches. That will take care of at least 3 items on your list.
Post a Comment