I thought about this for a while. I kept thinking that clicking on the Winning Deal was pretty much the same as cheating. Who wants to play a game where they are handed a win? I don’t know why, but this really and truly bugged me for a long time; however, as things usually do in my mind (thank you literary analysis) seemingly small and insignificant instances seem to take on a bigger meaning. And so this bigger meaning blossomed in my head.
We are all given a winning deal in life. Heavenly Father clicked on that first and foremost. In fact, with Heavenly Father there is no “Random Deal” there are only Winning Deals. Now, this might not seem like the case. Even when clicking on a winning deal you still get stuck. Sometimes you get stuck to the point where you think you absolutely couldn’t win with the hand that you were dealt. When it comes to Heavenly Father, though, you are always dealt a winning deal. I think we fail to see that though because we get stuck. All you need is that freaking 6 of Hearts and it would be smooth sailing, right? You’d win and you’d feel great because it was just like bing bang boom. But, instead you have to rearrange a whole bunch of other cards just to get it to work, but it works nonetheless. So the point of my rambling, and my overuse of commas is this: we have been dealt a winning hand. Even if we can’t see it. Even if the game would be so much easier if that 6 of Hearts wasn’t the last card that we pull. Heavenly Father knows what cards we need, and in the end we have a winning hand. I guess that’s comforting, and not at all cheating. Why not play the game if you know you’re going to win?
0 comments:
Post a Comment