Friday, July 27, 2012 | By: Megan K Leavitt

Home

So you're probably super sick of hearing about my family, but this is my blog. So get over it. I have an awesome family. Usually I would write this out in a list; however, today is a spotlight moment.

Stanley Morgan is my mom's dad. LuJean Despain is his wife. And they are my grandparents. I realized this weekend that I haven't heard much about their lives. My dad's parents have a knack for going over their own history, and it's a great one. My mom's side is a little more reserved. I had the opportunity to hang out with my grandpa for a little while the other day and it just made me realize just how wonderful these two are. My grandpa gave me a short history. He told me how he met my grandmother, when they were 15. He was going on a date with her cousin, and she was with his friend. The couples ended up doing a little switch-a-roo and that was that. My grandpa also told me how he and my grandma were married in Hawaii and had a 30 day honeymoon on the Hawaiian Islands, can you say dream come true? I told him that I wanted to hear more about his history and I'm bound and determined to help him record it. My grandpa loves finding his ancestors and timelining their lives. I think I would love to help him do this with his own life, his and his wife's. There is so much to be learned from the past, and what better way to learn it than from someone who loves you?

0 comments: