Of all the emotions I've had running through me in the past week, this one has seemed to be the most elusive.
I've felt sad over the fact that this is probably the last time I will live with one of my greatest friends ever. Miss Megan Fankhauser has not only shared my name, but my apartment for the past two years at USU and I have loved every minute of it. She moved out today, and even though our families live close together I can't help but think that it won't be the same. This makes me sad. I wish her the best in everything she does, and I know she will go and do amazing things, but it still makes me sad.
I've felt an unnerving sense that I don't know what's going to happen and that everything is about to change. I'm not certain of what I want to do in the upcoming year and I feel like everything is hanging precariously just waiting to fall. So I've felt uneasy as well.
I've felt nervous to turn in four papers. I'm fairly confident that they are well written (at least to the best of my abilities) but I couldn't help feel nervous for the outcome- that won't come for another week and a half. So this has made me nervous.
I've felt a lot of frustration. I currently don't have a summer job and everywhere seems to be a dead end.
I've felt ornery.
I've felt crabby, tired, obnoxious, anxious, angry, grateful, silly, and annoyed.
But happiness has seemed a little out of my grasp lately. And then today I read something that made me smile so much I almost cried. There truly are people in the world that work just to make people happy. They take time and effort to glean even the smallest smile for even the tiniest moment. To these people, I offer my heartfelt gratitude. Happiness seems so hard to come by these days, it's so much easier to feel any other dismal emotion. So, for everyone who strives to make someone else's day, for anyone that works to make others happy- Thank you. You set a beautiful example. Happiness may seem hard to come by on your own, but sharing it is probably one of the easiest things in the world. I hope I can share the happiness others have offered to me.
Those Who Wander
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment