Today in a talk given in a church meeting of mine, I learned that hobbies are the zest of life. One example that was given for a hobby was writing. As I thought about the word 'zest' a funny memory popped into my head.
It's tradition in my family to make orange rolls. These are similar to cinnamon rolls, but instead of cinnamon you put orange zest in the middle. A few days before Christmas, a young family came over to our house and we had dinner. Afterwords we ate orange rolls. The oldest of the young family scrunched his nose and stated firmly "I think you put too much zest in this, it turned them quite bitter." The way he said it made me laugh, but he was right. That batch of orange rolls didn't turn out very well; they had too much zest. However, with just the right amount of zest these rolls are amazing.
So, here is to my zest in life. Writing, not too much, but not too little :)
Those Who Wander
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment