Friday, August 7, 2009 | By: Megan K Leavitt

WOOOOT!

Today is a great day. Today I can call myself a real writer... or something. You, my dear reader, may think that I am the biggest nerd ever, and laugh at my English nerdyness but I have accomplished a personal goal. Today I finished a poem, but not just any poem. Today I completed a villanelle. This probably holds no significance to you, but for me I am celebrating on the inside. Ever since I studied Elizabeth Bishop last semester I made a goal to write one of these poems, and today I finished it. I started on it quite a few weeks ago and really am very proud of myself for finishing it. It may not be the most earth shattering poem to ever hit the world... or cyberspace for that matter, but it holds a lot of personal meaning for me. I just thought I would share that with the world, and when I work up the courage to put it on my blog I'll let you all four of you know :) I need to read it a few more times, make sure its almost nearly next to perfect and then I will share. I just wanted to give myself a semi-public pat on the back.

1 comments:

Jed said...

So where's the poem? I'm dying of curiosity! If you don't post it, can I at least read it??? :)