For many people this seems like a dreaded phrase, but for me I am basically thrilled (Will McLaughlin can attest to this, he got to ride the bus with me this morning and this afternoon- lucky kid). I'm like a toddler in a candy shop.
This summer working 40 hours a week has taught me to appreciate school and my love thereof. So this post is dedicated to my nerdy awkward love of this fine learning establishment and its form will be, of course, a list.
First and foremost I love the bus. I don't know why I do, because this morning it made me late to my first class- granted I could have walked faster to campus, but I was just so dang excited to ride the city bus that I just waited.
Next I am an English nerd and so proud of it I don't even know what to do with myself. My first three classes today were in fact English based and I may have a crush on one of my Professors. A little gem from that particular professor: "The only reason to teach anything is to feel like the Wizard of Oz... Wanna see behind the curtain?" -Dr. McCuskey. Just another incentive for me to become a teacher... becoming the Wizard of Oz. He said this in the context of getting to control the website, and sadly enough no one else laughed as hard as I did.
Not only classes, but the campus itself. I really love Logan Utah, as beautiful as Wyoming was for the summer, Logan has never felt so much like home.
So in a nut shell I am a nerd and absolutely love school and I am so thrilled to be back :)
Those Who Wander
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment