I just finished an assignment for my "Technology in the Classroom" class. It was about Podcasting. I am not a fan of podcasting. Yeah, it's cool that people can listen to you instead of read what you have to say, but there are literally ten thousand steps to get there. This is why I am revisiting my blog this fine crisp fall day. Because I love my blog and I hate podcasts.
I do have to admit that my podcast adventure did reintroduce me to something that I have been missing for a while: Poetry. I stopped and thought that for the last three years I have analyzed at least five poems a semester. This semester, on the other hand, I don't think I've even read five poems. This made me sad. I have been reading Peter Pan and Wendy by J.M. Berry, which has been an extraordinary adventure (and thanks to fancy new phone, it's been really easy to access). The book is a bit darker than any of the movies, but I have loved it all the same (and for those of you who already know my affinity for Peter Pan will understand how much I have loved it). I just have to highlight one word that was used that I absolutely loved, it's one of those words that feels good to say: miasma. The definition is even better: noxious exhalations from putrescent organic matter; poisonous effluvia or germs polluting the atmosphere. Isn't that fantastic? Anyway, I feel like I need more literature in my life as of late.
I also think I need more of this fall weather. Given the choice I'd much rather sit in a pile of dried leaves than on the computer figuring out how to make something work as an MP3 file. However, I did have the opportunity to have some time outside, and it was lovely :)
Anyway, I just thought I would share. School is good, life is good, the leaves are changing colors and I think I might go watch them fall.
Those Who Wander
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment