Air conditioning. I currently lack this in my car, my house, and one of my two jobs (mostly cause one is outside). I never knew how much I loved AC, but I do. Love and miss dearly.
Sleep. Because of the combination of the first two, I have had much less sleep. I've found that if I go to bed with an ice pack somewhere in my bed and a fan going full blast sleeping is much more doable; however, it took me over a week to figure this out so much sleep was lost.
Home. I have been a little homesick. Perhaps this is because I am dreaming of my bed in the cool basement, or the fact that I have the misconception that my allergies only affect me in Logan. Either way, I'm missing home.
Family. This goes hand in hand with being a little homesick, but I miss them especially.
Friends. I have friends from Salt Lake to Wyoming that I am surely missing.
I think this list has been great to think about, but I have also found a bunch of things that I have found.
I've Found...
A new respect for people with allergies. I'm not going to lie, I've always thought allergies were a lame excuse to not want to do anything or go outside. I have found the error of my way. Allergies are the worst. I have holed myself inside as much as possible if only to avoid the horrible floating white substance that blocks off my breathing and restricts my vision.
A great tan. As much as air conditioning is fabulous, within the heat of my job I've found I've gained an awesome farmers tan and an even better chaco tan line. I believe I currently hold the chaco tan line crown :) Snaps for me.
Great books. In the time that I haven't been able to sleep (usually from 1 in the morning to 5 in the morning) I have rediscovered great books. The Book of Mormon, The Red Pyramid etc etc.
Home away from home. I bought a hammock. This might sound weird as my "home away from home" but I braved two hours in my back yard with my new hammock, armed with allergy medicine and bug spray and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was simply so relaxing that the only comparison that does it justice is my own home.
Friends. At the ropes course we are staffed solely by women, minus our head coordinator. This has been the greatest. I have found a friend in each one of the girls that I have worked with there, and I am so grateful to have a summer to spend with them. Hopefully there will be many more nights of Harry Potter and or Village Inn.
Roommates. This goes along with the previous one, but I have found great roommates. What are the odds of finding a roommate that is willing and prepared to encourage me to go to a ballet class? Slim to none, but I was lucky enough to find such a roommate. And we have enjoyed one ballet class and hopefully many more as the summer progresses.
I hope my lists of randomness haven't bored you to death!
1 comments:
Great way to look at things. Your list is a good comparison of things to miss and things found.
Post a Comment