Wednesday, May 18, 2011 | By: Megan K Leavitt

Wobbly Log

Today was my first day on the course. Needless to say it was an adventure. Started off with rain (and I'll just tell you now that it ended with much more rain). Despite the rain, however, this was such a great day. In the last two days I have.... (bet you didn't think this was going to be a list. Guess again)

So in the last two days I have...

Gotten my food handlers permit
Been CPR/First Aid certified
Learned how to tie various knots (Partner, Barrel, Figure 8, Fisherman's, and Prussic)
Learned how to use a ATC, Figure 8, and Gri Gri as belay devices
Learned how to set up a zip line
Learned how to actually belay someone as they are in the harness/air
Learned how to put on a helmet
Learned how to put on a harness
Also learned how to check a helmet and harness to make sure it's safe
Been rained on, a lot
Frozen
Scribbled down at least four activities that I will use in my classroom someday
Wanted to rub it in other people's faces that my summer job is cool than their summer job
Been really tired
Read, a lot
Done homework
Finished my laundry

So it has been an exceptionally good day/two days. I'm excited for the rest of this summer. I will try to get pictures of adventures, but of course they pulled the cameras out right after I was done crossing the wobbly log. Oh well I suppose.

2 comments:

grace louise said...

learned how to put on a helmet, meg? Really? They had to teach you how?

grace louise said...

okay, that was mindy who said that but i'm using this other girl's computer and i'm too lazy to change it