Tuesday, September 16, 2008 | By: Megan K Leavitt

Three Days Smashed into One

Ok so this weekend honestly felt like just one really long day. It started out on Friday with classes as usual. Then I had to run back to my apartment so I could catch a ride with Karissa's brother AJ to Bear Lake cause all my roommates left me cause I'm the late one. So that was an adventure. Then there was Bear Lake.

Bear Lake was so much fun. It started out with one of those papers thats like "find someone with the same color toothbrush you have, someone with the same number of siblings as you..." and so on, so that was quite the riot what with the 6 Nates in our ward and at least 3 Megans. Then we ate dinner, which was amazing Broccoli Cheese Soup that made me think of home. After dinner we had the after dinner random games. The one that sticks out the most is a game that can only be named "Mingle". This is where you have everyone in a kind of mosh pit and at any random time the leader of the game calls out a number and you have to get that many people in a group. Needless to say the guys were pretty dominate in this game. Especially Scott who has very long limbs, one second you'd be bouncing around saying "Mingle Mingle Mingle" and the next second you are just squished inbetween two or three guys, depending on the number called out. Then as these games died down it was getting closer to nine-ish and thats when our Bishop was giving his little devotional. The devotional was good, more about the Bishop wanted everyone to get married and stuff about hunting... yadda yadda, but it was good all the same. Then they pull out the big guns on us. Speed Dating, thats not how they termed it, but in essence thats what it really was. I only had one thought in my head at that point and it was this: RUN! RUN! Haha, but it wasn't super bad... I talked to about 6 or 7 really nice guys (the majority of them hating my major, but I guess I wont hold that against them). And then we played other date promoting games such as missionary tag and the one game where you're in a circle and you grab everyones hand and then try to unravel yourselves... forgot what its called, but yeah those types of games. An then, it was time for the Plunge! This means that at exactly 12:00 Midnight we run and jump head first into the Bear Lake. Probably one of the stupidest things in the entire world, and yet somehow completely worth it. I couldnt feel the entirety of my body and yet, it was hilarious and scary and adrenaline pumping and all that jazz. So after "The Plunge" we went back to the little inn we were staying at and crammed 57 people into a hot tub where the maximum capacity was 10, yeah... another interesting moment. After a while we lost quite a few people and the ones left played telephone and Mafia. Next we all got dried and into pajamas, but that wasn't the end of the night, or morning I forget what time it really was. We then proceded to eat our own body weights in popcorn and candy. Then we had people sliding down the stairs in sleeping bags and on matresses, and by the end of all this I was somehow left on the hardwood floor to sleep while my friends went upstairs (they claim that when asked I just said "No, I'm going to sleep right here" but I have no memory of saying this). Sometime during the night I moved to the little couch and was woken up by Kyler laughing at me cause I looked so uncomfortable. Then I moved upstairs finally and fell asleep for a little longer. Breakfast was excellent and it didn't hurt that they let the ladies go first, our ward is just full of gentleman :). Then it was home again.
At this point I was hoping to say hello to Chase's family who was coming up for a little bit and say hi and then quickly fall asleep after that, but it didn't happen like that. I waited forever and finally after like three hours they came bearing peaches (meanwhile Joshua Bagley and his brother Jason had joined us, which as always was a riot). Then my roommies, Josh and I went to the football game, that we lost... but it was fun all the same. Went back to the apartment where we were at a loss of what to do so we watch A Walk To Remember ( Josh's idea :)). Then the guys left at about 2 in the morning and I quickly fell alseep dreading my talk at 9:30 the next morning. My talk, however, went very well. I didnt fall asleep during it which was what I was going for. Then we came home, I made spaghetti for the guests and then they left and I promptly fell asleep cause I had been severely lacking that part of life for what seemed like forever. And now, here I am on Wednesday relaying all this useless information to my avid readers. Hahaha I hope you enjoyed this, it was fun to write :)

0 comments: